Monday, August 20, 2012

Charles Earland - Odyssey



Thought I might begin by posting my favorite album by this blog's namesake.  Most songs by Earland are a combination of soul, jazz, and funk (well, everything before 1980 that is) and feature the Hammond B3, Earland's primary instrument.  His voice is also featured on several tracks.  The only song you might recognize is 'We all live in the jungle', but in truth this is the only song on the album that I don't listen to regularly.  'Intergalactic Love Song' is a great instrumental piece that begins with a great ambient melody and bass line.  I don't think it has been sampled before, so if you're into that kind of thing, get on it.  'Phire' is my favorite song on this album.

right here

Also, make sure to check out this song by Earland, probably my favorite song to get down to.

Mercy


No comments:

Post a Comment